Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Zikomo Kwambiri! - Thank you very much!

Thank you very much to everyone who donated so generously to the Mbewe house building project. To date, we have raised just under $4000 Canadian!

As some of you know, Jim and I unexpectedly left Malawi a few weeks earlier than expected, and have just returned to Canada. However, we did have all the donations transfered to Malawi beforehand, and the money has been given to the Mbewe family. They have now continued the construction on their house, and should have a few rooms ready in about two weeks, in order for them to move in. We far exceeded our goal of $1500 CDN, and with the $4000 raised, they will be close to completing the entire house. Fr. Sax will be visiting the Mbewe family at the end of June, and I have asked him to send some pictures of the completed house at that point. When i get those, I will post them up on this blog. So, once again, thanks very much to all of you who responded so quickly and generously.

If anybody else still wishes to help the Mbewe family, they have set up their own bank account in Malawi in which funds can now be transferred directly from Canada. Just drop me a line and I can send you those bank details directly.

Thanks!

Tess & Jim

3 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys - Great to hear you arrived well in Canada. Fantastic with the housing project - looks really cool. Cant wait to see the end result! I will come knocking should I be in your part of the world! Will you stay in Canada for a bit or what are you going to do now?

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger K8 said...

Hi Tess and Jim --

I think a friend of a friend of mine in NY knows you: Madeleine? I will be moving to Malawi in a few weeks and she suggested I contact you for a bit of advice.

Thanks for any ideas!

cheers,
Kate

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen online there are outfitter groups that go but they charge anywhere from $995-$2,500 for a 7 day hike. This makes me want to get into this line of work.

hike Colorado

 

Post a Comment

<< Home