Just a few photos.....
Hey folks,
Sorry for the lack of news! I have extremely busy as our 4 year "Mitigating the impacts of HIV/AIDS in Rural Malawi" program has just ended, and was being evaluated by consultants from CIDA to see whether or not it has made any impact, and if we should continue to recieve funding. Below are some of the photos from the last two weeks.
Cheers,
;) tess
This is a photo of one of the 35 community based child care centers that we built with the communities to support the growing number of orhpaned children in their villages. So many adults have died due of AIDS, leaving a real problem of either child headed households, or grandmothers taking care of young children. 
These are some of the widows that have lost thier husbands to HIV/AIDs, and therefore their source of income. In the last 4 years, over 1300 women were trained in simple business management, organized into business clubs, and provided with start up capital loans for their businesses in order to be able to support their families. 
This is the evaluation team, conducting some meetings with village chiefs, traditional healers and traditional birth attendants. Notice I am not sleeping, which generally happens in most meetings... ;) 
Two things I need to learn: Chichewa (the language), and how to shake my booty like these village women. I know they were definitely laughing at my pathetic attempt to dance with them. 
And more kids, trying to show me how the African dancing is done.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home